Contentnea-Savannah K-8 School is involved in a number of innovative programs and initiatives, many of which have been recognized by the local media.
- Elementary students sandwich in a lesson on compassion at CSS (Published January 23rd, 2018, in The Free Press)
- Students put Their Homemade Projects to the Test (Aired February 5th, 2016 on WNCT Channel 9)
- Becky Hines is honored as the STEM Teacher of the Month (Aired September 15, 2015 on WNCT Channel 9)
- Camp encourages students to invent new objects (Published August 4, 2015, in The Free Press)
- CSS, natural science museum to take learning outdoors (Published July 28, 2015, on the LCPS website)
- Educators take extra step to teach children (Published July 23, 2015 on WNCT Channel 9)
- Wetlands Project to Create Small Pond for Contentnea-Savannah (Published July 23, 2015, in The Free Press): Free Press story about CSS’s participation in the UTOTES grant.
- Meet me Monday: Successful Teacher wasn’t always sure it was her calling (Published July 13, 2015, in The Free Press): Free Press story about Ms. Hines becoming a teacher
- Principals announced for Contentnea-Savannah, LaGrange Elementary (Published March 3, 2015, in The Free Press): Free Press story about new principals in LCPS
- Contentnea-Savannah’s Benton is LCPS’s teacher of the year (Published Sept. 13, 2013, in The Free Press): Free Press story about Ms. Benton being named LCPS Teacher of the Year
- Contentnea-Savannah adds walking track (Published Sept. 28, 2013, in The Free Press): As part of the Project D.I.G. initiative to encourage healthy living, the school installed a walking track that offers about 900 feet of walking surface for students, teachers and community members.
- Contentnea-Savannah students ‘dig’ gardening program (Published Nov. 17, 2012, in The Free Press): Free Press story on Project D.I.G.
- Contentnea-Savannah shows off its new STEM lab (Published Nov. 14, 2012, in The Free Press): Free Press story on the STEM lab